Technical Product Owner – Award Winning Digital Software Development Company – 55k to 65k plus bens.
Are you an experienced Technical Product Owner who would be keen to embark on an exciting career with an award-winning global software development company with offices in Brighton, London and across the globe who are engaged in an ambitious programme of digital systems development encompassing multiple projects and products? Would you like to play a leading role in the delivery of enhancements in your specialist area to the company’s existing digital systems and the delivery of new platforms? Are you to looking to work for an award-winning company where you will be surrounded by talented colleagues who are passionate about technological innovation, their company brand, and innovative digital products?
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Technical Product Owner who will play an important role in their team supporting the development and ongoing management of these products, working with other product owners within the company, each of whom will lead on one or more functional areas - such as content, search, or applications – across all the company’s digital sites. The company has a microservice based architecture for its digital products and they operate API powered integration services for their partner organisations. This new opportunity will have a particular focus on specifying and developing those services and API’s and will consequently bridge the disciplines of technology development and business. You will therefore report into the company’s Software Engineering Director and you will also act as the key liaison point between a wide variety of stakeholders across the business but particularly: Architects, lead developers, other senior technical stakeholders, and the development team, in the identification of priorities, specification of functional changes and continual feedback loops with the business.
Please note that whilst this is a remote role there may be some requirement in the future to attend occasional meetings in the Brighton or London office.
- Engaging with stakeholders to collect feedback and direction on functional and development plans/priorities.
- Owning the roadmap and priorities for an area of responsibility within the overall digital product strategy.
- Working closely with technical leads and other specialists on product development.
- Creating prioritising and scheduling detailed user stories for services, API, and integrations.
- Acting as Scrum Product Owner to development teams, attending team meetings and providing information and advice to internal and external developers as required.
- Playing an active role in testing and ensuring delivered systems are fit for purpose.
- Providing regular development updates to business stakeholders.
- Supporting other functional teams with guidance and insight on specifying and delivering their service and API requirements.
- Evangelising API usage with the internal and external developer audiences.
- Understanding of modern technology and ecosystems – API, microservices and architectures perhaps obtained from having a software developer background or a detailed appreciation for software development.
- Experience of building Cloud-based systems, especially Azure.
- Experience in system integration and data exchange.
- Well versed in agile development methodology.
- Strong communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Education to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- An agile certification would be desirable.
- A strong knowledge of system security would be desirable but is not essential.
If this role looks to be of interest, then please apply with your current CV as soon as possible detailing your salary expectations, interview availability and notice period for a confidential discussion regarding this exciting Technical Product Owner opportunity.
The salary banding for this role is in the region or £55k to £65K depending on experience plus extensive benefits.