SQL Server Database Administrator – Digital Telecoms Software client - Blended remote work and in Horsham
My client are a innovative UK software company who provide a class leading Network analytics product used by Telcos companies across the globe. Due to several new massive projects they are working on, they are looking to expand their Database Administration team by hiring a new SQL Server DBA to work on maintianing and optimising their existing databases and also new client project work. Later this year they will also be moving a number of services to the Cloud and the new DBA will be part of this project as well.
This is a very exciting time to join this company as they are expanding rapidly across the organisation, and this SQL Server DBA role will be split between working a couple of days per week in their Horsham office and the rest remotely.
The day to day job responsibilities include:
- Monitoring key MS SQL Server metrics across the server farm
- Identifying under-performing queries, re-writing, testing, deploying
- Supporting MS SQL Server maintenance including backups, indexing, file growth etc
- Learning from and supporting a dedicated team of experts
- Thinking outside the box to provide innovative solutions to increasing application throughput and overall better application response
Skills and Experience:
- Provable experience in a database administration or related career
- Experience with large databases, TB’s of data
- Great knowledge of Transact SQL
- In-depth understanding of MS-SQL Server 2008+, query plans, optimisations, partitioning
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and development team
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Flexible, open minded, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Applicant should already have legal right to work in the UK
This company actively promotes career advancement, extensive technical and skills training. Their team achieves breakthrough results for their clients and they have won many industry awards in recognition of their products and services.
If this might be of interest, then please apply with your CV for an interview.