Software Development Manager
Horsham offices – Salary to £90k per annum
My client, a leading SaaS Software company with clients across Europe and Asia are looking to recruit a Software Development Manager to be responsible for two teams of software developers – one team based in the UK and the other based abroad.
This Software Development Manager will be working in their office in Horsham, West Sussex and some hybrid working will be available. The salary is to £90k per annum with an excellent employee benefits package. Role Description:
Due to their continued expansion of their Software products across the EMEA region and the continued adoption of improved Agile processes across the business (Scrum & Kanban), my client are creating a new job role of Software Development Manager for their development function. This role is managing two multi-disciplinary teams of talented Software Developers with a strong history of innovation and product delivery.
Software Development Manager experience required:
- Proven experience working directly within software engineering teams.
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams.
- Line Management experience, managing software engineers.
- Demonstrable experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Implementation of “flow” type software development processes.
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and test driven development.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and navigate ambiguity.
- A deep understanding of the software development life-cycle, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Experience in choosing and implementing automated test practices.
This company are also asking for the following as well:
- Experience in cloud hosted SaaS industry.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM) as a development manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Azure DevOps or similar for Agile delivery management.
- Experience in Resource and Capacity Management.
- Builds trust easily and effortlessly to assume a leadership role.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Remains calm and objective under pressure.
- Acts with integrity and enthusiasm.
This is a fantastic new Software Development Manager role and will present the successful candidate with a great career opportunity working with a very stable, successful and innovative company and team. This company value their employees and provide a wonderful, collaborative work environment for their teams to succeed.
Please note that this is NOT a remote job opportunity and all candidates must have full UK rights to work (no visa sponsorship will be given now or in the future).
If this role is of interest, then please apply with your CV?