Software Development Manager - Bristol offices - to £85k per annum
My client is the creator of a global HR, Finance and Accounting platform, handling workforce screening, deployment, attendance, tracking and financial management solutions, and operating in sectors including manned security, construction, and the care sectors among others.
This role is based in their new, modern offices in Central Bristol and is paying up to £85k salary (possibly negotiable to £90k) with a great benefits package.
We are looking for a Development Manager to lead their fast growing team of Software Developers. The ideal candidate would have experience managing a small team of .Net Developers. Personality and especially individuality is encouraged and fostered, with everyone’s strengths and weaknesses supported.
They are looking for a Software Development Manager who can help improve software development processes, software delivery and also be an integrate in the recruitment of their development team to double in size in the next 6 months to support new products.
Essential technical background:
- C#, ASP.Net.
- SQL – SQL Server
- Leading development teams through the full Software development lifecycle experience.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Software Testing experience.
- Experience integrating third party software APIs into development projects.
- Adobe Creative Suite/Figma
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Managing the development of features within their platforms and tackling development challenges from within the wider teams.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders and internal teams to co-ordinate development.
- Host and manage Daily stand ups and regular staff meetings to help decide the direction of development and company processes.
- Coordinating with our support office regarding client requests, issues, and testing.
- The development team perform 3rd line customer support duties, so The Software Development Manager is expected to be comfortable occasionally liaising with clients, primarily via email. However, this will in large part be mitigated by their service desk team.
- Liaising with the Product Development Director and Managing Director regarding taking initial briefs and specs forward into working development specs for the wider team and ensuring timelines are met as well as supporting and nurturing their team and supporting the senior leadership team and HR where required.
- Recruit new members of staff, provide code reviews and ensure Developers are completing their tickets and tasks within Sprints.
They are also looking to recruit a new team of .Net Web Developers for a brand new product they are building to come to market in 2024 and also are undertaking a huge tech refresh project to move their UI onto React as well
The role is office-based Monday to Friday in their beautiful, new modern offices in Central Bristol
If this role is of interest, then please apply with your Cv to find out more?