Senior Full Stack PHP Web Developer
Right now, it’s an exciting time as we seek to expand their Software Development Team following
the success of their tourist attraction software, “VisiSoft”.
Who are they?
My client are the number one choice for many businesses across the UK looking for reliable, award-winning business technology. Providing a range of services including local IT Support accounts software and EPOS solutions. They offer their customers a range of the best market-leading products and services to streamline complex business processes and increase efficiency.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, well-established business and progress your career. Specializing in EPOS and Online Ticketing Software for the Tourist Attraction industry, Kamarin Computers Ltd,
My Client is looking for PHP Developer who is organized, trustworthy, reliable, and passionate about making a difference within our organization.
What will the role include?
In this role, you will be working with their existing development team to enhance and deliver their award-winning tourist attraction solution. Their software is trusted by some of the country’s best-known tourist attractions such as Eden Project, Peppa Pig World, and The Tank Museum. Following the successful launch of their new online ticketing module this is a great opportunity to be directly involved in the roadmap development of their award-winning software.
The role will be based from either of their Peterborough, Hull, or Scunthorpe offices with the option for remote working/flexibility following a successful induction and probationary period. The role will include maintaining, developing, and supporting our accounts-integrated online ticketing system, which is written in PHP/HTML/CSS with a RESTful API backend.
Within this role, some of the key things you will be responsible for are:
- Production of accurate and detailed specifications for roadmap releases
- Delivery of high-quality development projects in line with agreed specifications and timescales
- Timely resolution of allocated escalation support calls from the helpdesk
- Accurate documentation and version control using GitHub & JIRA
- Continual training and improvements
- Industry & Product awareness and effects
- Team communication
Knowledge & Experience (Required)
To be successful you will possess experience in the following:
- PHP – minimum 4 years of commercial experience
- Consuming RESTful APIs
- Microsoft SQL (+ Server)
Knowledge & Experience (Beneficial)
Any experience in the following areas will be of extra benefit:
- Microsoft IIS
- Atlassian Jira Software Cloud
- Accounts/Finance Knowledge
- Online Ticketing
Why work for us?
My Client is passionate about the business and their customers and believes their people are their most valuable asset. Driven by their commitment to creating a great place to work for all their staff, They are always looking for ways to improve their employee experience.
Accredited to The Living Wage Foundation, we are a Real Living Wage Employer and this year we were awarded Best Companies One Star “Very Good Employer to work for” accreditation. However, we’re not going to stop there and are focused on achieving 3 Star “World Class employer to work for” accreditation in the future.
As they continue their successful journey with exciting and achievable growth plans, My client wants to focus not only on their overall commercial objectives but creating a great working environment for their staff to thrive. That’s why they are looking for people who are passionate, trustworthy, and forward-thinking to join their team.
So, on top of the normal benefits, we think some of the amazing reasons to join my client are:
- 35 hour week, with a choice of start times *
- Hybrid working arrangements *
- 28 days of holiday, plus bank holidays = 36 days holiday total!
- Option to sell back holiday*
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme*
- A pro-active team of staff who organise regular social events and sporting activities – This includes a Mid-Year and Year End Appreciation Party, examples of social activities for 2023 include Paintballing, a family day out at an attraction park, and beer We also have a number of themed office days including for St Patricks day, Pancake day, Wear it Pink, and Halloween.
- A friendly inclusive environment across the whole office – we really are a great bunch!
- Charity activities to raise money for staff selected causes – events include 3 Peaks challenge and a Game a Thon.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay *
- Enhanced Paternity Pay *
- Enhanced Bereavement Leave, with our “Time to say goodbye leave”
- Free lunches
- Casual business dress code (with option to choose from our free workwear wardrobe selection)
- Christmas Thank You Bonus *
- Support and guidance from your very first day!
- Tailored Training Plans to support success in your role
- Personal Development Plans to support career advancement
- On-site parking
- Company Sick Pay *
- Wellness activities
* Length of service eligibility criteria
If you think you fit the description above and you like the sound of what they have to offer…then this could be a great opportunity for you to join a growing, well-established business and progress your career.
Closing Date: 16th June 2023 We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year (depending on experience).