Remote or Hybrid - PHP Developer (Product) - Global company - Brighton - 45K
- Job Reference: 367409
- Date Posted: 13 November 2023
- Recruiter: Stratospherec Ltd
- Location: East Sussex
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHP developer - Global Brighton based Software Company - £40K to £45K plus extensive benefits – Fully remote or hybrid working options.
A successful software company based in Brighton who have achieved a stellar reputation globally for software excellence, have a wonderful opportunity for a PHP developer to join their product team. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious mid-level to senior PHP developer to gain exposure to some of the world’s most well-known global brands which include ambitious SME’s, charities, financial organisations, and top-ranking educational institutions. In this role you will be involved in creating beautiful digital workspaces and highly innovative products which include collaborative, social and enterprise level business apps. These are crucial for helping people centric organisations to engage employees, improving collaboration, productivity, and communication in the workplace. Since you will be heavily involved with this award winning company’s product offerings you must be a confident communicator who is happy to liaise with Project Managers and Product Owners to ensure effective delivery of new features. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience of developing PHP, using modern frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony, with good MySQL and relational database experience.
This highly innovative tech company enjoy a fantastic team culture, most staff work fully remotely, and they are comprised of developers from Sussex, and throughout the UK and Europe. This means the successful candidate will be able to work either fully remotely from anywhere in the UK or Europe (UK working hours), or alternatively if you are a Sussex/Surrey/Kent based developer you have the choice of working fully remotely, or on a hybrid basis from the company’s modern office in the centre of Brighton. This company actively support flexible working and they recently started to trial a four-day working week.
· 4+ years professional development experience.
· Demonstrable passion for OOP, PHP (Laravel, Symfony, or similar) MySQL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Software Development Design patterns.
· To perform development tasks which include the writing of production quality code using an object-oriented approach.
· Solution development and delivery, writing server-side web application logic.
· Able to work with the design team and front-end developers to create the user interface.
· Adheres to correct coding standards as defined by the lead developer.
· Provision of in-depth technical knowledge to third-party providers and clients.
· Works closely with the design team to create visually interactive work.
· Adheres and contribute to agreed development practices.
· As a member of the development team you will work on the design and implementation of technical solutions.
· Excellent annual holiday allowance, increasing by 2 additional days for each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
· Flexible hours and remote working policy.
· A generous £1,000 annual training budget which rises to £1,500 after your first year.
· Private healthcare - after your first year.
· includes gym membership and stores discounts.
· Working in a friendly, agile team environment.
· Choose your laptop - Mac or PC.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your existing skills in PHP and MySQL, and also to work with a really friendly, development team on its high-profile software product.
If this role looks to be of interest, then please get in touch with your CV and please provide details of your interview availability, and portfolio details, to find out more and to have a confidential discussion regarding this exciting role.