A FinTech software company that provides payment processing software that has won many awards over the years are looking for a QA test Lead to work Hybrid remotely in their Chichester, West Sussex offices. Due to the growth and success of their payment processing software, the company are expanding their technical team and this will be an exciting opportunity to become a hands-on QA Lead for their successful products.
The primary objective of the QA/Test Lead is the successful testing of company software, ensuring the stability, security, efficiency & effectiveness of company Products & Services. You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project lifecycle, from initial development testing to final acceptance by the stakeholder/customer. You will act as a mentor and advisor to other less experienced members of the testing team. To achieve this, your responsibilities will include:
Key Areas of responsibility
- Hands-on test execution, both automated and manual testing
- Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of test effort (its schedule, prioritisation, and sequence of testing activities).
- Lead the establishment of a test automation strategy.
- Create and/or maintain a regression test suite, automated where appropriate.
- Test planning, and defect tracking/resolution
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle to ensure testing requirements are considered across the board.
- Identify appropriate testing tools across applications.
- Review product requirements, and functional and design specifications to determine and prepare test cases.
- Provide input to continuous improvement within the testing function and the wider IT function. Champion of testing best practice
- Produce testing documentation for new and existing applications.
- Work closely with all participants in SDLC (solution, development, architecture, infrastructure etc) as well as wider business teams (product/commercial etc)
- Mentoring and coaching others
- Set your own goals and align your work with demands from Team Leaders, Customers and other Stakeholders.
- Provide status updates to your Team Leader as required
- Perform and receive regular cross training
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years software testing experience, and ISQTB foundation level certified
- Computer science or business degree
- Hands on test automation experience across a range of tools (Cypress, POSTMAN) /experience implementing/contributing to an automation strategy.
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL query experience
- Strong understanding of testing within a range of SDLC's (Waterfall and Agile)
- Ideally experience in Microsoft Technologies (.Net/C#)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, motivation, resilience and a positive attitude in personal and team activities.
- Prioritise personal and team activities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills incorporating both direct management & facilitation techniques
- Questions, listens, clarifies and responds in a concise and coherent manner.
- Excellent in problem determination and management to resolution.
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A quick learning multi-tasker, readily adaptable, flexible in approach to work, with the ability to work autonomously
- Working hours - 36.5 per week (ending 4pm on Fridays)
- Holiday Entitlement - 25 Days standard for full time employees plus Bank Holidays
- Working Location – Hybrid working considered on completion of probationary period
- Pension Scheme - Group scheme 4% Employee contribution 4% Employer contribution
- Life Assurance - After 1 year service 3 x salary death in service cover
- Childcare Scheme - Government childcare tax allowances
- Sight Test/glasses - Company contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme - Government Cycle to work scheme
- Parking loan - % free loan to buy an annual parking season ticket
- Beverages - Hot beverages provided in the office
- Experience working in the FinTech industry
If you want to work for a company who are FinTech based and is growing due to investment from their global parent company this will be a great job opportunity for you to consider.
*Please note that we can only consider candidates based in the U.K and who are willing/able to travel to their office in Chichester*