QA Engineer – Growing into Test Lead role (remote working and some Brighton or Horsham office based work)
A leading UK Software Development company who specialise in building digital forensic and security software solutions are looking for an experienced Software QA Engineer / Software Tester with good communication skills able to join the team and quickly move into the role of Team Lead and take ownership of aspects of the QA process.
This company work with clients across the globe in the Police, Government, Military and Corporate industries and they have entered a major growth phase in their international expansion.
The person they are looking to join the team will be a QA Engineer or Software Tester who has strong IT knowledge combined with initiative and good communication skills They will be able to effectively implement new and improve current QA processes, whilst understanding complex software and be able to think effectively like a user.
- Perform manual and automated tests on the company products within each sprint/build for both desktop and web apps.
- Define and document test strategy, test plans and test cases by evaluating functional and non-functional requirements to provide full coverage for the product, business applications and other content.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products and domain to perform hands-on testing from a technical and forensic standpoint.
- Log product defects, work with development teams to establish defect validity, manage their status changes and provide updates to the team on a regular basis and retest as required.
- Evaluate reports after test runs, and present the information and assessment back to relevant parties.
- Administer the collection of materials required for the product release - QA test results, manual documentation, release notes and help videos.
- Inform and effectively communicate issues likely to cause delays.
Candidate must have:
- Experience of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Ability to understand and learn new hardware, software tools and techniques
- Ability to self-manage and organise yourself thoroughly, a fantastic work attitude, solid presentation skills, good written and oral communication skills, competent industry skills.
- Be a team player and ideally have experience of working with Agile technical teams and people.
- Skilled in Selenium WebDriver (or similar), TDD / BDD and with some basic scripting skills in Java or Python or C#.
The role is challenging and rewarding and the chance for a rewarding career with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial technology company. They have offices in Horsham and Brighton, but allow extensive remote working during and after the pandemic.
If this might be of interest, then send your CV for immediate interview