Principal UX Designer
A global FinTech Company based in Horsham have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal UX Designer to join their team. They work from a beautiful office based on the outskirts of Horsham and Crawley with easy access to the A24, free parking and free onsite gym.
As Principal UX Designer you will be responsible for creating an integrated experience across all digital customer touchpoints on desktop, tablet and mobile and be involved in seeking regular input from senior stakeholders at the company’s local offices, within their technology and marketing departments, as well as directly with their customers. You will apply your expertise overseeing the design process of one or more digital products or service design projects and collaborate daily with agile teams to ensure quality and on time and on budget delivery.
Within the business UX Designers work in conjunction with the in-house research team, design management, and other design team members utilizing a comprehensive library of design patterns and assets. You will therefore be tasked with helping to promote an integrated, collaborative and agile approach to design and development whilst iterating and improving Agile working practices from discovery to delivery. As the UX point of contact for a project, you will be responsible for actively project managing the day to day work of the UX team as well as being involved in their continuous improvement.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
Stakeholder Engagement and Strategy Alignment:
- Stakeholders: Meet with internal stakeholders and external customers to elicit feedback; seek ideas and opinion on projects from internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Product Team: Promote awareness of UX plans, objectives and key results among Product Team.
- Roadmap: Establish, maintain and promote a formal UX roadmap for the company
- Market Research: Understand the company’s competitors; ideally be well informed on all design trends and innovations across the FinTech industry or be willing to get up to speed if you have come from another industry.
- Approach: Drive a user-centred design approach which incorporates: qualitative and quantitative user research; validation to identity and deliver against core customer benefits and create related business benefits.
- Planning and implementation: plan and lead user research activities, in collaboration with the Product Team, to inform the company’s medium and longer term product roadmap.
- Strategy: Establish and maintain a research strategy, encompassing a variety of approaches, which matches the cadence of our software delivery lifecycle.
- Planned development – ownership of user experience design
- Next PI: ownership of design and user experience elements of new features; supporting the Product Team to ensure features are signed off and meet definition of ready.
- Current PI: ownership of design and user experience elements of features; working directly with development teams to ensure full implementation of UX designs; supporting the Product Team to ensure features are signed off and meet definition of done.
Projects & Accountabilities
- Management: Actively manage multiple user experience design projects and delivery dependencies in terms of scope, cost and time.
- Method: Apply design methods, set clear objectives and priorities to define the design execution. Identify operational improvements in efficiency to increasing the value of the experience design team.
- You will also be responsible for the management of freelance Design Staff as well as leading the recruitment of freelance and permanent Design Staff. In addition, you will participate in the recruitment of Product Owners into the Product Team.
- Quality standards: Define, maintain and communicate quality standards for user experience focused on usefulness, usability and desirability in terms of KPI’s and independent survey feedback from the business and its customers.
- Resources: Establish and maintain a set of pattern libraries, style rules and components for the company’s end to end customer facing applications.
- Support & representation: Support agile product and service development teams with digital design. Represent the voice of the customer with relevant data within product and service planning.
- Advice and expertise: Be a resource for development teams who need assistance with UI changes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Significant depth of experience in service design, user experience, or a product management based role, with a strong focus on driving user centred design within digital product development.
- Hands-on experience of a designing for a variety of digital touch-points, and other non-digital channels such as process-design, IVR, person-to-person interaction, kiosk, wearables, etc.
- A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people as well as being Passionate about customer experience culture and its centrality to the success of business in the future.
- Proven track record in project and people management. Must be able to function as a project leader who can resolve conflicting interests as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as, Drawing, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle, Sketch and InVision and development of journey maps, UX patterns and style guides.
- Degree Educated – ideally in Design or Behavioural Science and Industry experience is essential.
Please send your CV for immediate Interview