.Net Developer - New .Net Core project
A highly successful global software company who produce a market leading Financial software suite of products are looking to hire a .Net Developer to work on a new project to modernise their software applications. This Developer role will be based in modern offices in Central Horsham and is a great job opportunity for an experienced software developer or Analyst Programmer who is looking for a challenging and interesting development role.
The primary responsibility of this Developer role is to help in the redesign and development of their suite of finance applications moving from older C# / .Net & SQL technologies onto a new .Net Core & Azure platform utilising DevOps tools as well. This is a new project for the company and is their highest profile technical project for the next couple of years.
This Developer will work in a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team of programmers liaising closely with Business Analysts and Testers, developing a set of software applications used by Blue chip clients across the globe. This company already has a friendly, experienced team of developers and they will consider a developer who is either at Mid-Level or Senior experience for this role.
Main job responsibilities:
Working on new projects on the core software, the focus will be on high quality programming including:
- Rewriting legacy platform using new C# and .Net Core technologies.
- Production of detailed technical specifications/documented analysis.
- Production of EXE & schema versions of the system for internal and client release.
- Production of estimates for costing and/or planning purposes
- Providing assistance with client queries, remotely or face to face on client site and/or at the office.
- Work in accordance with standard programming standards and design patterns.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 3 years plus programming experience (mainly in C# and ASP.NET environment).
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as independently e.g. in complex problem solving, detailed specifications.
- Able to produce work of consistently high quality, including handling complex algorithms and other calculations.
- Experience of working with offshore development and testing teams.
- Any additional experience of Azure, DevOps, VB.Net, T-SQL, Oracle & SQL Server would be beneficial but is not essential
This is a great opportunity for a Software Developer to work on a new exciting project to take a successful product and to modernise this onto a new .Net Core, Cloud and DevOps application stack.
Please apply with your CV to find out more.