Linux Systems Administrator – Chance to work with DevOps Automation and Cloud tech
A leading global eLearning company with lovely offices in Central Brighton, are looking to recruit a Linux Systems Admin due to continued growth of their infrastructure team. You will be joining a team of web infrastructure specialists who provide second and third line technical support for their hosted and cloud-based client eLearning systems.
The Linux Systems Administrator will be working on a variety of Cloud systems (AWS & Rackspace) and internal Hosted Server systems and this company are now moving to Micro-Services architecture and DevOps automation, so the successful candidate will receive training and the opportunity to work on these technologies.
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will play a key role in helping to specify new server configurations, keeping existing systems working properly and planning for maintenance, change and growth. You will also deal with technical server issues, system monitoring, automation and IT R&D.
Ideally you will have some skills in some of the following:
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian or Centos) and common command-line admin and debug tools
- LAPP (Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL PHP) or LAMP stack setup and support
- Server hardware (including hosted and cloud platforms) specification and setup
And it would be great if you had any experience of (and you will receive training on):
- System performance tuning
- Cloud technologies (Rackspace, AWS, Azure) and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- File systems architectures and functions such as: LVM, DRBD, NFS, attached storage, object stores and remote synchronisation
- Networking technologies (common protocols, VPNs, firewalls and routers etc.)
- General database admin and troubleshooting (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Supporting email systems (based on Sendmail and Postfix)
- Information Security and data handling principles
- Producing support documentation
This company are a forward-looking technology leader and your work will have a positive influence on the activities of other companies who benefit from their technology. So if you enjoy technical support and troubleshooting, this is a fantastic opportunity to bring your skills into a team that you will also be empowered to shape and evolve as they embark on a period of expansion and technical reengineering.
They offer a very good benefits package, annual bonus, large training budget to improve your skills and flexible working from their lovely Brighton offices. This will be a great opportunity to work on interesting technology and get training on latest Cloud, DevOps and Linux technologies.
Please get in touch to find out more?