Junior QA Software tester - Digital Security Software Provider – Office based in Horsham, West Sussex – up to £28K
A market leading Digital Security Software Provider with offices in UK, USA and South Africa are looking for a Junior QA software tester to join their UK Test team as they embark the development for several new products for their global customer base. This role is based in their Horsham, West Sussex office.
As a member of the Product Test team, you will come from a background of working in software testing and have strong attention to detail. The successful applicant will be responsible for raising bugs/product requests and taking full ownership of those tickets from start to finish.
This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to work on some extremely rewarding projects including the development of impactful software while working with a friendly and supportive team. The role has a strong opportunity for growth and will play an integral role in helping shape the company’s development processes.
- Assisting the overall Team with different types of software testing e.g. Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Explorative/Ad-hoc Testing, Sanity Testing, etc.
- Accurately test and record any issues/bugs reported within the issue tracking software.
- Take full ownership of reported issues from start to finish.
- Testing and Verifying Issues reported along the software development cycle.
- Maintaining and keeping up to date with latest releases of all relevant tools.
- Testing different types of hardware.
- Testing integration products.
- Writing, updating and amending test cases, test suites, test plans and test scripts.
- 1 years plus QA Testing experience (this is a must have)
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in using, and ad-hoc testing, Web based products
- Ability to follow test procedure and follow any tickets raised from start to finish
- Ability to work within a team and in isolation
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Software Testing primarily in Web technology products.
- Prior experience of Jira Agile tools and working in an Agile team
- Experience/Knowledge in different types of computer hardware
- Knowledge of the software development cycle (including testing cycle)
- ISTQB Certification, BTEC or AS/BS degree in a STEM field
If you want to work for a company where your work will be enjoyable and have a positive impact on society in general, then this will be a great job opportunity for you to consider.
Please send your CV for immediate interview. *Please note that we can only consider candidates based local to Horsham, West Sussex and who have a valid UK work permit as my client will not offer sponsorship now or in the future.*