IT Infrastructure Manager – Onsite in Eastbourne, East Sussex
Our client are a major European retail organisation and are looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager to work out of their Eastbourne Head office.
This role is to lead, manage and develop the IT Infrastructure for their internal IT systems across multiple sites in the UK and managed IT services for other subsidiary companies globally.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will oversee Technical team of Systems Engineers who maintain the availability of IT Systems by administering physical & virtual servers and networks for a number of sites and other group companies. This team also provide third-line support to the IT Support Desk.
Please note, that all candidates must be able to work full-time from the Eastbourne offices in East Sussex. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the administration and support of servers using technologies including:
VMware/ESXi, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Active
Directory Services and DNS.
Previous Experience Required
- Infrastructure design improvements and cost reduction.
- Out of hours patch management and other IT maintenance.
- Administrate and support the SAN, NAS devices and network infrastructure,
- firewalls as well as WAN systems including private circuits, and VPNs.
- Support company communication systems including telephony.
- Deal with issues that are escalated from the Support Engineers.
- Continuous professional development of Infrastructure team members.
- Deployments - work closely with the Support and DevOps teams.
- Keep the Head of IT apprised of urgent issues, current workload, and maintenance schedules.
- Supervisory management experience of an infrastructure team.
- Minimum 7 years in the IT industry.
- VMware management.
- Use of Jira style issue tracking and project management.
- Network management.
- Virtualization technologies.
- Enterprise hardware running VMware vSphere and Microsoft Server operating
Any knowledge of the following would be a bonus:
- SAN Technologies.
- Administration and support of web servers using server technologies such as Microsoft IIS, Apache.
- Microsoft Office 365 Services and applications.
- A basic understanding of relational databases, with specific reference to
- Microsoft Server SQL products.
- Exchange Server & SharePoint Servers.
- Desktop PC’s and applications.
- Microsoft Power Apps development.
- ISO27001 ISMS.
- Linux configuration and operation.
- Understanding of warehouse equipment e.g., Laser & Thermal Printers, Barcode Scanners.
- Deskpro Helpdesk software.
- WAN Technologies.
- IT Accreditations.
- Ability to develop productive relationships throughout all levels of the organisation,
- Ability to manage high levels of conflicting priorities and workloads.
- Flexible, innovative, and able to respond positively to change.
- High standard of written communication and effective documentation.
- Excellent technical understanding to see issues through to resolution.
- Full Driving Licence.
This is a very exciting career opportunity for a company that has gone from strength to strength and grown massively over the last ten years.
Please apply with your CV for immediate interview.