Dev Ops Engineer – Financial Software Company, Horsham, West Sussex - up to 50k plus bens
A highly innovative global software development company who are a market leader in the development of highly innovative and integrated end to end software systems for the global Financial Industry have an exciting opportunity for a talented Dev Ops Engineer to join their team. This is a great role for someone looking for a great career – whilst being continually supported with further career development and training - and all whilst working for a highly successful Fintech company. The opportunity will be based in the company’s beautiful Horsham office, which has free onsite parking, a free gym and a restaurant on site.
This company are leading the way in developing innovative software products that are revolutionising the financial industry and the Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for the development of solutions and deployment of the company’s suite of software applications as well as the development and streamlining of processes and systems. The ideal candidate for this Dev Ops role must therefore have a real passion for technology and ideally 3 years’ experience of design and implementation of cloud infrastructure in Azure along with 1 to 2 years’ experience of working with object oriented coding practices, ideally around .NET code (with experience of assessing the aspects that effect the build and deployment processes). They should also have previous experience of implementing automated builds and deployments as code, using build and deployment software such as Octopus and Cake. Moreover, they should be experienced in writing tools and scripts that aid the build and deployment of applications in a Saas/Azure environment - as well as managing a backup system for a hosted platform, ensuring operations are effective and relevant.
This is a great Dev Ops opportunity for someone with a passion for further learning who is keen on self-development and prepared to upgrade their skills as and when required with the company’s support. It is offering a generous salary and benefits package.
- Ideally 3 years’ experience of design and implementing cloud infrastructure in Azure, as required by the company and developers.
- 1-2 years’ experience of working with OO coding practices, ideally around .Net code and of assessing the aspects that effect the build and deployment processes.
- Highly experienced in the implementation of automated builds & deployment as code using the automation of build & deployment software (Octopus and cake).
- Experience of building and implementing using best industry standards, “build and deployment” pipelines,
- Experience of writing tools and scripts that aid the build and deployment of applications in a SaaS / Azure environment.
- Liaising with and providing education to developers on build and deployment operations.
- Monitoring server and application system monitoring
- Ensuring that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also helping to oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
- Evaluating, developing and implementing policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
- Managing backup systems for hosted platforms, ensuring operations are effective and relevant.
- Participating in new projects and aiding in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills – both written and oral and you will be able to present ideas and concepts in a user friendly language.You should also be flexible and able to work outside core business hours as required. This role will involve working in a small team in an environment of open information sharing to assure cross training within the department.
- Configuration as code background with experience in Azure Systems, Networking, Networking protocols, Application Revers Proxy and System Firewalls
- Scripting abilities using PowerShell, Cake or Python
- General understanding of Cloud technologies.
- General understanding of Git.
- Excellent understanding of development patterns.
- General understanding of deployment patterns.
- Experience using deployment software i.e. Octopus Deploy.
- Experience with build pipelines.
- General understanding of software development.
- Ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
In order to apply for this role please e mail an up to date CV or please call on the number below for a detailed and confidential discussion regarding this exciting Dev Ops opportunity.