C#/VB.Net Software Developer – Horsham – up to £50K + Benefits including free parking, healthcare, life insurance and income protection.
Key skills: .Net/VB, SQL, Oracle, Finance, SDLC.
A well established and successful global software company who produce a market leading Financial software suite of products are looking to hire a .Net Developer to work on a new project to modernise their software applications. This Developer role will be based in modern offices in Central Horsham and is a great job opportunity for an experienced Software Developer or Analyst Programmer who is looking for a challenging and interesting development role.
Your primary responsibility is to develop and support the internal Business systems for companies in the Financial Services industry. This means working on a mixture of components; Windows and web applications and services, developed mainly in .NET, Oracle PL/SQL and VB6.
Working on new projects, core components or supporting existing clients, your focus will be on high quality programming, but encompassing the whole Software Delivery Life Cycle, including:
- Production of detailed technical specifications/documented analysis.
- Development work, which may vary from developing substantial new modules, to enhancements to existing systems, to bug fixing for support issues and during testing phases.
- Completion of programmer QA and secondary QA for colleagues.
- Preparation and deployment of system builds for internal testing and to client environments.
- Production of estimates for costing and/or planning purposes
- Providing assistance with client queries, remotely or face to face on client site and/or at our office.
Skills and Experience
- Proven commercial development experience with .Net and or VB6, Oracle database or MS SQL Server.
- Ideally you will have experience of the finance industry or related businesses such as banking, insurance, and accounting.
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as independently e.g. in complex problem solving, detailed specifications.
Please apply with your CV to find out more.