Business Intelligence Developer
- Job Reference: 371643
- Date Posted: 13 November 2023
- Recruiter: Stratospherec Ltd
- Location: West Sussex
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Email: email@example.com
Fully Remote Business Intelligence Developer - £40K to £45k plus bens (Hybrid options also available for candidates in the Brighton/Worthing/Horsham and Sussex/Surrey area, although candidates in this area may also work remotely too).
Nationwide company building software to change childrens lives, offers significant career progression and exposure to the latest technologies for an ambitious Business Intelligence Developer.
We currently have a wonderful opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer who would like the chance to work for a highly ethical company using their technical know-how to genuinely make a difference to the lives of young people through their analysis and development of software for child-centred services. Your expertise will make a life-long difference to the quality of lives of young people. With demand for this nationwide company’s services in the education and residential sector increasing, as well as residential and education services growing across the group, this is an exciting role for a Business Intelligence developer to join the company’s talented software development team.
In this role you will work alongside other business intelligence developers, business analysts and highly talented developers who are working within a C#, .NET environment and you will be responsible for designing, specifying, and building browser-based reporting and analysis solutions which integrate with, or complement the company’s business system applications. This may also include refactoring and maintaining existing reporting solutions – from small-scale reports to larger-scale strategic models – in line with the technology stack (Microsoft Power BI/ Microsoft SQL Server. Therefore, successful applicants for this role must have experience developing reports with Microsoft Power BI; have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI; be an expert in creating DAX queries in Power BI desktop; be capable of using advanced-level calculations on the data set; have advanced Excel; be expert in MS SQL Server and database tools; ideally have experience of using Microsoft Azure to integrate reporting solutions and have an understanding of using version control (e.g., GIT) and integration with Power BI. You should ideally also have at least 2 years of experience in data-specific roles, including data analytics.
This is a fantastic role for an ambitious Business Intelligence Developer to work in a role where one can, quite literally, change lives, whilst working for a talented, collaborative, and exceedingly well supported team, designing, specifying and building browser-based software and backend solutions which integrate with or complement this company’s business system applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designing, specifying, and building visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Business Intelligence tools and techniques.
• Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence reporting models.
• Producing accurate estimates for change requests and project deliverables.
• Participating in Daily Stand ups and other Scrum ceremonies as required.
• Creating solid, scalable, maintainable, and testable solutions.
• Striving for improvements in performance, ease and efficiency of use and suggesting changes which will help meet this objective.
• Curation of the company’s reporting and data modelling.
• Ownership of technical documentation for BI tools.
• Experience in a similar role or able to demonstrate experience and knowledge.
• Attention to detail, ability to follow instructions and take ownership of workload.
• Enthusiasm for technology and data analysis.
• Significant experience developing reports with Microsoft Power BI
• An understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
• Expert in creating DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
• Capable of using advanced-level calculations on the data set.
• Expert in MS SQL Server and database tools with advanced Excel.
• Experience of using Microsoft Azure to integrate reporting solutions is desirable.
• Must have 2-3 years of experience in data-specific roles, including data analytics.
• An understanding of using version control (e.g., GIT) and integration with PowerBI Reporting.
• Good communication skills for liaising internally and with clients.
DESIRABLE (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of software development skills, especially C#.NET / VB.NET.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Development Stack.
Competitive salary up to 45K, Pension Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, 25 days holiday and increased holiday entitlement subject to long service, enhanced maternity/paternity pay scheme, access to Perks for Work scheme.
If this BI Developer opportunity looks to be of interest, then please get in touch with your CV, along with details of your interview availability for a confidential conversation regarding this exciting new role.