Automation Tester – Global Digital Software Company
A leading digital software company whose development offices are based in Central Brighton are looking to recruit a Tester with good Automation experience to work alongside their existing testers and development team who build, maintain and support a range of digital systems used by millions of users worldwide. This is a brand new Tester role created to help this company automate their Testing and Development processes for all existing and future projects.
This Tester will help design and implement a brand new set of automation scripts, tools and processes and ultimately will head up the adoption of test automation across the development function. The Tester will also provide advice on automation testing strategies to various parts of the business. Additionally, the Tester will be responsible for running and reporting on regression test suites and identifying process and efficiency improvements.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review current automation testing capabilities and practices
- Develop a test automation strategy
- Lead on the introduction of automation test frameworks
- Contribute to the increase in automation test coverage
- Introduce and maintain test tools relevant to the business needs and technologies in use
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Mentor other test and development team members on automation
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of building and working with test automation frameworks
- Experience in tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in tooling or QA automation
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies (e.g. Cucumber, Selenium, SoapUI, etc)
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes (e.g. VSTS, TestRail, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Good understanding of web services (API) testing (using tools like SoapUI, Rest Assured, Postman, etc)
- Good understanding of source control (e.g. GIT, etc)
- Experience with mobile development
- Working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as Azure
- Experience mentoring / coaching QA staff on automation and testing processes
- UX Testing
- UI Testing
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- JIRA/VSTS (Azure Devops)
This is an exciting new Automation Tester role for a globally renown Digital Business and the Tester will be instrumental in the strategy and adoption of Test Automation across the business.
Please send your CV to find out more about this role.