A leading provider of Education ICT solutions is seeking a 3rd Line Support to join the managed service team.
The organisation brings together a team with over seventy-five years of collective experience, specialising in consultancy, infrastructure services, network development, and managed support services for educational establishments in the UK. Key Tasks
- To be the escalation point for all technical issues within the client, before the issue hits the Helpdesk and to either fix these issues or escalate appropriately.
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise to all assigned customer networks.
- To visit a client site and work through an agreed list of issues or strategic discussions that the school would like to be completed during their visit.
- To identify areas of Growth within the school from a Technical and Engineering front and escalate this to the account manager.
- Mentor the Network Manager and Engineers on-site and assist in progressing them to the next level of Engineer within the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- To attend emergency call-outs where needed, sometimes beyond the call of duty.
- To cover the absence of engineers where needed.
- To be part of the team that responds to calls on the Helpdesk.
- Dealing with incoming tickets in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, at the centralised helpdesk and via email.
- Taking ownership of tickets and managing them logically and methodically.
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable ticket resolution.
- Keeping the Technical Services Manager abreast of all ongoing tickets, and their progress, at the end of each day.
- Escalation of calls to engineers with other knowledge, ensuring the Technical Services Manager is aware of these calls.
- To lead engineering projects within the school holidays.
- To provide a detailed scope of works and design for this project.
- Lead individuals of teams on site and delegate appropriate tasks to them to ensure the correct running of the project on time.
- Work with the account manager in liaising with the school to ensure all equipment is correct and that the school see you as the face of the project.
- Any other tasks that the Technical Management Team or the Company Directors feel are appropriate.
Work Experience Requirements
- Ability to travel and understanding that we keep travel time to a minimum but sometimes; as times allow, we may need you to travel to other site’s.
- Four or more years’ experience managing enterprise-level Network infrastructures/a Service Desk.
- Four or more years experience of in project managing high-end Microsoft server environment deployments.
- Ideally experience with Virtualisation (VMWARE or Hyper-V preferred).
- Cloud Services experience (Desirable, not essential).
- Professional qualifications (Degree / Masters in Computing) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)) or equivalent, demonstrable experience.
- Other specialist IT-specific qualifications i.e.: Aruba, Cisco, HP or other Enterprise level software/hardware. Rewrite