£40k – £50k – Remote – Exeter- once every other month in the office upon request
To deliver work from the product backlog consisting of new features (customer enhancements and strategic business requirements), bugs, and technical debt, prioritised by the Product Owner. This work should be progressed through the development lifecycle from coding, code review, testing, and release into production. Code should be produced to a high quality including considerations for performance and security. Code Review undertaken by peers should allow the ability to give and take constructive criticism to the benefit of the product. Ownership should be maintained to aid in the release process and possible debugging of issues when code is tested and deployed into production.
Throughout the entire process, progress should be made transparent; with any impediments reported during the daily stand-up, allowing help to be provided by peers and the Product Owner to be kept up to date.
Accountabilities, responsibilities, and main duties:
● Exercise exceptional problem-solving ability
● Demonstrate skill in relevant technology (PHP, Python, Java (Android), Swift/Objective C, SQL, etc.) and version control (e.g., Git)
● Follow the process, suggest improvements and embrace change
● Demonstrate strong communication skills
● Project a positive attitude and ability to work as part of an agile team
● Engage a strong sense of ownership to see work units through their lifecycle
● Practice “fail fast” and learn from mistakes
● Know when to ask for help and be keen to give it